Monday 17 September 2012

Dr Jart+ BB Cream

I have aways liked the idea of BB creams, everything in one product.  From watching various people on you tube and reading blog posts on the eastern BB creams, the original ones they looked really good.  Then they were introduced over here and various companies released their own version.  Some I like, some I don't. I'm not so sure that they do the same as the orginal.  When I saw that this was being released in Boots I couldn't wait to try this.

Dr Jart+ is from Korea, first released in 2004 and has been very popular over there since its release.

There are four different versions of this, designed for different skin types and concerns.  I picked the water fuse version, whichi is £18.

Water fuse has a water holding system which helps to maintain moisture levels in your skin to keep it looking moistrurised and dewy.  It also helps to control sebum so that you don't look greasy throughout the day.

This is has a very thick consistency and a little goes a long way. I have found the best way to apply this is using my fingers as it really works it into the skin, using a brush leaves my skin looking really shiny which doesn't happen if I use my fingers.  I find that it gives really good coverage, I only really needed to use a bit of concealer on a few troublesome spots, but a lot less than what I would normally used.  Also covered the little bit of redness in my cheeks really well.  I have really pale skin and the colour of this works really well with my skin colour.  I can struggle with things that just come in one shade as they are usually not pale enough but this is great.

It lasts really well on my skin, I do apply a little bit of powder on top of it. I have found this to last really well on me when I'm working.  I do 12hr shifts, I usually do my makeup about an hr before I start work and usually by about 3/4am my foundation starts to go a bit patchy on my cheeks which do get really dry at work, this doesn't happen.  I find that I don't end up with the usual dry patches on my skin during a 12hr shift, it does keep my skin moisturised while it is on.  I also don't end up looking shiny which means that I don't need to powder throughout the day.

I will buy this again when this one finishes, it is really good and works well on my skin.  Since I bought this I haven't actually used any other foundation or base product.

No comments:

Post a Comment