Tuesday 28 August 2012

August's Joliebox

This month's box was delayed a bit because people were going away on holidays, which to be honest was a bit annoying I don't see why the box has to be delayed. 

This month the boxes were designed by Timai Hua and I got a lovely blue box with various other colours.  I really liked the look of this box.

The theme of this box is a jolie holiday, now that we are supposedly in the middle of summer, though given the British weather you might not think that, definately doesn't feel like we are.

Excuse the cat in the top corner of the picture.

Dr Bronner's Pure-Castile Soap 'pillows':  I was really happy to see these in this box, I have been wanting to try these for ages and now I am able to.  I got peppermint, citrus orange and unscented baby mild.  I love the packaging that these come in, it is so cute.  These are vegetable oil based organic liquid soaps that you can use not only on yourself but also to clean almost anything else.  I have reaf about people using it to clean makeup brushes, floors, their dog and clothes just to name a few.

Phil Smith Be Gorgeous, Dry Clean Revitalising Dry Shampoo:  Love the pink, looks really good.  Not tried this yet, but looking forward to trying it. Having recently got into dry shampoo after geting my hair cut, I'm looking for a good one. 

So Susan Cosmetics, Lip Cushion:  Love the packaging.  It says a sheer gloss to tint and moisturise chapped lips.  In the little tub it is bright pink with sparkle, on the lips it is a lovely sheer gloss.  I really like it, I like having a subtle shimmer on my lips most days.  Some people may not like this.  It smells so yummy, its a joy to use.  Not to sure about how moisturising it is, but I tend to put a lip balm under my glosses anyway so that doesn't matter to me.



So Susan Cosmetics, Wide Awake Face Palette:  Sorry for the finger marks in this but I just had to try it when I opened it.  It has an illuminating cream, highlighting cream and an eyebrow sculptor, it also has a pair of tweezers and from other pictures I've seen my one is missing a brush.  The illuminating cream is used to hide under eye circles, the highlighting cream to highlight cheeks and brow bones, both of these are really good, easy to use and work really well.  The eyebrow colours I won't be using for my brows as there is too much shimmer in them, but they make lovely eyeshadows.  Even with the missing brush I love this.  Also this is palette is fragrance free and both So Susan products are cruelty free, and have no nasties in them.

And as a bonus product we get a leather hair styling lace and on Jolibox's you tube channel there will be varios videos showing how to use it.  This is a great idea, if my hair was longer I would have loved this idea. But as it isn't I'm going to use this as a wrap bracelet as I love the teal/green colour.

Once again another box I love.  Joliebox just seem to get it right every month.  Even with a missing brush, that doesn't dent how much I like this box.  I am quite happy to pay the money for this box every month.

You can sign up for Joliebox here.




No comments:

Post a Comment