Friday 3 August 2012

July Favourites

It's that time of the month when it's time to round up all my favourite products I've been using.  I realised this month that I never put anything in that isn't in my bedroom, so I'm missing out on some skincare, bath/shower and nail products, will have to fix that nect month.

Quite a few products this month including a few new things that I love and will become repeat buys I'm sure.

Lush, Bubblegum Lip Scrub:  Love this.  Smells so yummy, really easy to use.  I use this about 4 times a week.  Have seen some reviews saying that it doesn't last very long, I've had mine ages.  I use a baby wipe or tissue to wipe it off my mouth, you can lick it off as it is safe to do so.  It tastes as good as it smells. 

Alpha H, Liquid Gold:  I've had this for ages, got it as part of a kit never used it.  Decided to start using it just over a month ago and I love it, wish I had started to use it when I got it.  You put some on a cotton pad and wipe it over your face at night and you don't use any other night cream etc with it. You onbly use it 2-3 times a week.  It does tingle when you apply it but it doesn't last for long. My skin looks amazing the next day after I've use this.  This bottle is nearly finished and I will have to order another one soon!

Balance Me, Wonder Eye Cream:  A freebie from Glamour magazine.  It's amazing, love this.  I only use this at night as I prefer a gel texture in the morning.  I'm a nightshift worker so you can imagine how bad my eyes can look, this helps combat all of those things and my eyes look good.  Will buy this when this runs out.

Ren, Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream: I got this as a free sample when I placed an order from Ren.  It's a great night cream. This wee sample has lasted a really long time.  Its meant to hydrate, recharge and revitalise your skin overnight and my skin looks great the next morning.  I have combination skin with dry cheeks and this works really well with my skin, my cheeks aren't dry at all using this and it isn't making my skin any oilier infact I'd day my skin has been looking quite good since using this.  I can see another purchase having to be made when this is finished.

Ren, Active 7 Radient Eye Gel:  I got this as a free sample from Red magazine, it was one of three items.  I use this in the morning. It is meant to revive and brighten, I feel that it does that.  It's nice and cool on application and I enjoy using this in the mornings or when I'm getting ready to go to work.  It helps make my eyes look more awake and when you work nightshift that  is no easy task at times!

Skindivina, No More Shine Makeup Finish:  This is a setting spray.  I use it before I've applied my foundation and once all my makeup is done.  I really like this and feels like it helps my makeup last a lot longer than normal.  If I'm going to be out and about all day then I'll use this.

L'Oreal Paris, Telescopic Mascara: This is in black and it's the waterproof version.  I got this as a cheaper alternative to the Clinique one that I usually use for my work.  I always wear waterproof versions to my work, I find that they last better during a 12hr shift.  It's great and I will be repurchasing this when it is fnished. 

17, Peep Show Mascara:  This is a brilliant mascara, I have this in black and just the normal version.  This has been in my favourites before and I'm still loving this.  Makes my lashes look really long and fab.  This has become my go to mascara and some of my more expensive mascaras are hardly touched anymore.  This does everything I want a mascara to do and I love the packaging.  This has become a staple in my makeup bag.

HD Brows, Brow Kit:  I got this in July's Glossybox and I have loved it ever since.  Great wee brow kit, really easy to use.  Never really did my brows before now I'm loving doing them and they look so much better.

Rimmel, Wake Me Up Foundation:  Have had this for a while thought it was ok, but this month I have been loving it. I use this on the days when my skin looks tired and not so great.  Lasts ok on my skin, doesn't last a full 12hr shift but very few things do.

Bourjois, Healthy Mix Serum Foundation:  Another product I've had for a wee bit and that I've been loving this month.  Used this the days I've not used the Rimmel one.  This smells so yummy. I like the finish on the skin, doesn't cover everything.

Rimmel, Wake Me Up Concealer:  This has become my go to under eye concealer.  It's great.  Applies really easily, blends brilliantly.  I find it lasts with no creasing.  I don't use it on spots or anything, just for my eyes.

Collection 2000, Lasting Perfection Concealer:   I bought this because of the number of great reviews and write ups it was getting.  It is as good as everyone says it is.  Its great on spots, marks, under the eyes. The only bad thing I have to say about this is that the writing comes off. Another product that has become a staple.

Aussie, Miracle Colour Insurance Leave-in Conditioner:  This is a great product, I never used to like leave-in conditioners but this is great in my hair.  Smells amazing. Works in my hair if I leave it to dry naturally or use heat on my hair.  It makes my hair look great and feel soft.

VO5, Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil: I use this on wet/dry hair, works well on both.  Doesn't make my hair look or feel oily which I thought it would as I have oily hair.  My hair has been looking and feeling great since I introduced these two products.  I use this everyday and sometimes as an intensive treatment where I put about 5/6 drops into my hair and either leave it overnight or for a few hours then wash out, works great as this.  I have had this for about 4/5 months and considering I use it everyday I have only just gone below the top of the label, so this is going to last a long time.

Quite a few favourites this month, I didn't realise it was so many until I started typing this up.







No comments:

Post a Comment